Newbie here!

skbucko

Chirping
Jan 20, 2020
Fort Collins, Colorado
Hi there,
I will be getting my first chicks in March and am soooooo excited! I have been doing a lot of research, have my brooder already (I'm a little bit of an over planner), and my coop built. Bring the cuties on! I will be getting an ameracauna, an easter egger, an australorp, a barred rock, and a buff orpington. I'm really excited about the fresh eggs and to have more wonderful pets in our family. I also have a passion for gardening and wild birds and bird watching. My husband and I have no human children but we do have a dog, cat, hermit crab and several fish. We love our pets and they bring so much joy to us.
I'm excited to be in the forum. I hear lots of wonderful feedback about this forum and the knowledge that everyone has to share.

Sarah

Hi there,
I will be getting my first chicks in March and am soooooo excited! I have been doing a lot of research, have my brooder already (I'm a little bit of an over planner), and my coop built. Bring the cuties on! I will be getting an ameracauna, an easter egger, an australorp, a barred rock, and a buff orpington. I'm really excited about the fresh eggs and to have more wonderful pets in our family. I also have a passion for gardening and wild birds and bird watching. My husband and I have no human children but we do have a dog, cat, hermit crab and several fish. We love our pets and they bring so much joy to us.
I'm excited to be in the forum. I hear lots of wonderful feedback about this forum and the knowledge that everyone has to share.

Sarah
Sarah's here ...Sarah's here!!! :wee We are thrilled that you joined us! I'm a newbie planning on getting chicken spring 2021....so I understand wanting to be prepared. This is the right place to learn from the experts! Bring your questions and pull up a chair...we are SO glad you came!

Hello, Sarah, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Where are you getting your chicks from?
I'd love to see pictures of your coop and brooder!

I'm getting my chicks from a local feed store that several of my friends have recommended. I don't have pictures taken yet but I am using a puppy playpen for a brooder and I bought an Urban Coop Company coop. I have plans to extend the run significantly so that they have plenty of room to hang out during the day. I have a small lot but am willing to devote as much space as possible to have happy ladies!

Back
Top Bottom