Newbie... I think my baby is gonna die. HELP!

but the guy i got it from said his like heating pads. so i have one in there. they stay on it more than they get under the light

Well, to me it sounds like you're doing everything right. You might try chopping up a hard-boiled egg and see if it will eat any of that - but it may be too late if it's just laying there breathing heavily. If it dies, try to get a couple more little chicks to keep the survivor company. Chicks are flock animals and don't do as well alone. I wish I could be of more help to you - I'm sorry.

I would stop the watermelon and sugar water. You can try giving him a little pedialyte. You could also try a couple of drops of Children's Polyvisol Vitamins (without IRON) in the drinking water. Good luck.

Quote:
Thanks a ton, i know you helped all you could. It died. and it was the rooster. i guess ill just have to order some more.. what kind do you sugges, i would like a silkie their so cute.

I would stop the watermelon and sugar water. You can try giving him a little pedialyte. You could also try a couple of drops of Children's Polyvisol Vitamins (without IRON) in the drinking water. Good luck.

i only gave them watermelon the first day. i hope that isnt what did it.​

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
sad.png
You did all you could. It could have been just an unhealthy or weak chick and wasn't meant to be.
Good luck with your remaining chick and any more you get! Silkies are definitely a good choice; I want some and they are so adorable!!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom