Newbie in kansas

welcome-byc.gif

Your daughter is a real cutie, and perhaps even a 'chicken whisperer.' Does she have a particular chicken she plans to show? G;ad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif

Your daughter is a real cutie, and perhaps even a 'chicken whisperer.' Does she have a particular chicken she plans to show? G;ad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif
She doesn't really have a chicken pick out necessarily. I've bred tropical fish for 10 years so I'm pretty versed in knowing the difference between a show animal and a pet grade animal. I've been looking into getting her some serama. She likes tiny chickens.

She doesn't really have a chicken pick out necessarily. I've bred tropical fish for 10 years so I'm pretty versed in knowing the difference between a show animal and a pet grade animal. I've been looking into getting her some serama. She likes tiny chickens.
Us old timers prefer to refer to them as show birds and utility birds. Even if our chickens come in and sit with us to watch TV, ride around on our wrists, and hold conversations with us on a regular basis, they aren't *really* pets - even if we hang out on the coop to soothe them after some jerk fired a rocket into our yard and hit their run on the 4th of July.

Well we just had our first quail hatch yesterday. We had 79 hatch but 2 didn't make it to the brooder boxes. We ened up getting 39 browns, 24 Italians, 10 a&m, 3 tuxedos and I think 1 that's a Rosetta? They are freakin adorable! Lol

Set them up a pair of brooder boxes. I used a couple of my old 20 gallon breeding tanks and a 55 gallon stand I had laying around. I also found a reptile screen top in my garage that fits perfect. I had the PVC laying around also so I built a simple light holder for the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom