Newbie in mn.

sarahtme

Hatching
Jan 22, 2017
Hey there. My name is Sarah and I live in northern mn.I have been a lurker on this and other homesteading sites for awhile now, and time to put it to action. My husband, two daughters and I just bought a nine acre chunk this November. It had been a hobby farm in the past, but badly neglected the last 10 years or so. First thing getting fixed is the cop when the snow is gone, and I need to kind of have an idea what I am doing. Thanks much!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Sarah, it's nice to have you here! The best place to start is looking over the Learning Center...there are a lot of great articles there to help you get off on the right foot. MN also has a state thread, so put Minnesota in the Search box and say hello to local BYC'ers.

Thanks for joining us and best of luck with all your plans!

Awesome! I thank you kindly. I was rusty going over required reading, then was gong to see if there was a mn area. Reading my mind! I hope to be (eventually) a helpful asset to the group.

Hi Sarah and welcome to BYC. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

CT

G’Day from down under Sarah
frow.gif
Welcome and Best Wishes with your chicken venture.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

I think you'd enjoy checking out the Coops section above, and maybe even predator threads to info on safeguarding your flock. Sadly everything loves to eat chicken. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom