Newbie in mn.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sarahtme, Jan 22, 2017.

1. sarahtme

sarahtme New Egg

Jan 22, 2017
    Hey there. My name is Sarah and I live in northern mn.I have been a lurker on this and other homesteading sites for awhile now, and time to put it to action. My husband, two daughters and I just bought a nine acre chunk this November. It had been a hobby farm in the past, but badly neglected the last 10 years or so. First thing getting fixed is the cop when the snow is gone, and I need to kind of have an idea what I am doing. Thanks much!

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Sarah, it's nice to have you here! The best place to start is looking over the Learning Center...there are a lot of great articles there to help you get off on the right foot. MN also has a state thread, so put Minnesota in the Search box and say hello to local BYC'ers.

Thanks for joining us and best of luck with all your plans!

3. sarahtme

sarahtme New Egg

Jan 22, 2017
    Awesome! I thank you kindly. I was rusty going over required reading, then was gong to see if there was a mn area. Reading my mind! I hope to be (eventually) a helpful asset to the group.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sarah and welcome to BYC. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Sarah [​IMG] Welcome and Best Wishes with your chicken venture.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think you'd enjoy checking out the Coops section above, and maybe even predator threads to info on safeguarding your flock. Sadly everything loves to eat chicken. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sarah, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck and best wishes!

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Sarah!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by