Newbie in MS.

RennieRose

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
MS Gulf Coast, USA
Hi Everyone,
I'm RennieRose and below is a little bit about my family and myself. I look forward to making friends amongst the BYC community.
smile.png

1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My husband and I are new to raising chickens. However, as a teaching assistant I once nurse back to health a teacher/classroom hatched chick that was being pecked by the other hatch-lings. I had tried to save 2 chicks but one had died after the first day, but the other one, I named him/her Gonzo, grew to adolescence at our home before we found a new home for him/her. Gonzo went to a loving family with a flock of free-range pet chickens. I never knew what breed of chicken or rooster Gonzo was, but after looking at various sites, I think Gonzo was a black Silkie chicken. My husband and I just got our first chickens today!
    jumpy.gif
    big_smile.png
    We have 3 adorable little Buff Orpington girls.
    big_smile.png
    Our 4 yr old son was so excited when my hubby brought them home. He sits quietly watching them and offers words of comfort when they start to cheep/call loudly.
    [/FONT]
    smile.png
  2. How many chickens do you have right now? What breeds do you have? 3 sweet, adorable, little Buff Orpington girls, yet to be named.
  3. How did you find BackYardChickens.com? Google search for raising [backyard] chickens and hatcheries info. (Before we got our girls. We did a LOT of research before deciding to raise chickens.)
  4. What are some of your other hobbies (& interests)? My hobbies include: going to Renaissance Faires, riding roller coasters, reading various genres, writing, sculpting, painting, quilting, sewing, and other various arts & crafts, horseback riding, swimming, playing The Sims 3 & other PC games.
  5. Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I have been happily married for over 4 yrs now. We have a son, who turned 4 yrs old not too long ago. We also have 3 dogs and 3 cats (indoor only). My hubby is in the US Navy and I am a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for now.

Can't wait to see where this "road" takes us, but I'm sure going to enjoy the ride!
cool.png

Hello and :welcome
You seem like a very interesting person! Check out the Hobbies section, there are several threads involving your hobbies there! Enjoy your chickens, and hope to see you around more. :D

Back
Top Bottom