Newbie in North Texas (DFW)

Just want to say that your blog is hilarious... I can picture the chickens giving you the "stink eye"...
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you found this fun and friendly site!

Build a coop and run, get some chickens and get started!!
Is your property fenced so you can also let them free range?
It doesn't get extremely hot nor extremely cold where I am at, so I am not too helpful with weather conditions.

But, chickens are pretty easy to keep and very fun to watch, and they give you eggs!

Thanks...
No... our property is not fenced per se... meaning that 2 of my neighbors have fences and I help maintain them, but they wouldn't keep chickens in (they are split rail fences).
We do have more than enough space to create a very large run and I plan on making a chicken tractor that I can move from place to place within our yard (about an acre of nothing but grass).

I want to visit a couple of coops in the area to see how they have theirs set up...
Is there anyone here in the Wylie, Plano, Lucas, Sachse, Farmersville Texas area that might not mind a visit?
smile.png

I'd love to see your setup and maybe ask a couple of questions...

Welcome to BYC check out the "where are you where am I thread" do an intro there and I'm sure you will find someone close to your location. BYC is full of friendly knowledgeable chicken people from all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom