Newbie Into!

Girlwithahoe

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Hi there! I'm a brand spankin new chicken mama though I've been wanting, prepping, and beggin for a few years now lol.
Went today to the Tractor Supply in hopes of getting Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks.... ended up with four of what we think are Golden Comets and two White Leg Horns. After researching I've decided the White Leg Horns are not what we are wanting and am still on the hunt for two Plymouths.
I'm lucky enough to have a mother-in-law who has a diverse flock of hens of her own and is guiding me through though I'm wanting to learn all I can from as many people as possible.
My husband is a terrific support and has been feverishly building me what is turning out to be a beautiful coop!
Golden Comets names are Lucy, Ethel, Myrtle, and Gertrude
White Leg Horns are Jane and Doe... lol... because we're not planning on keeping them long ;)
Thanks for any and all support!

Welcome to the site!
Sounds like you have an amazing hubby to do all that work for you. Last summer i did the same with mine. He worked very hard to build the coop of my dreams.

Its great you have your mother in law to help guide you :)

Thank you :) Woke up this morning thrilled see that were all doing just fine... yes, i was nervous lol... reminded me of how I'd worry about my own kids!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, it is normal to be a nervous mommy! As many broods as I have raised, I STILL get up at midnight or get up in the night if I hear strange noises in the night. LOL

Have you stopped by our learning center here on BYC yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping your new flock....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock and enjoy yours!!

Back
Top Bottom