Newbie intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hippie Chicken, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Hippie Chicken

Hippie Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Oakland
    Hey there, lurker newbie here, finally registered and ready to post now that the chicks are home and living in my living room. Here's my info:

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Brand spankin' new. Got the chicks 48 hours ago.
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Four.
    (3) What breeds do you have?
    2 Barred Rocks, 1 Red Star, 1 Road Island Red
    (4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Osmosis? Dunno, just looking around gardening stuff and fell upon this somehow. I really can't recall when I first decided I wanted chickens. I just knew that when I had my own house and yard that I wanted to get into "urban farming" and that chickens would be part of that.
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Destroying my house, starting projects and never finishing them, yelling at my kid, planting too many things in one container, trying to kill brand new chicks by burning them alive with a heat lamp
    (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Household consists of 1 nearly 6 year old boy monster, 1 fat old cat, 1 overly excited pit bull and moi. I'm a county worker lucky enough to love my job and to work from home.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] from upstate NY!!!

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG], You are gonna love having chickens. They are fun and so enjoyable. Now you need to get more chicks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] Another from California- Yeah!! Glad you found us!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by