Newbie Intro

Goob80

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 23, 2014
Hi. I've read info on here for the last couple of years but have just joined. We have had three chickens for a couple of years but in the last 6 months we have become chicken crazy. We now have a few different breeds and see our chickens as part of the family. I've posted a question under 'Raising Baby Chicks' asking if our new Polish chick is sick or just settling in. I have already got replies and some good info from Mountain Peeps.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining and we are all chicken crazy. Beware of "chicken math." Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:) I'm glad Mountain Peeps was able to help you. She has provided a lot of us with valuable information and advice. We are fortunate to have members like her here at BYC. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your new Polish chick.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock and had such a good start here. I agree @Mountain Peeps is a great member and we're very happy to have her here. Good luck with your chick and enjoy the site!

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, we lost our little Polish tonight. It's upsetting for us but she went quickly and peacefully and seemingly painlessly.

Michael OShay, what is 'chicken math'?

Last edited:
I'm so sorry
hugs.gif
I'm not Michael, but "chicken math" is basically a lot of adding up and multiplying... of chickens. To give you an example, I started with 4 chickens and a year later I had 70 chickens. Another year later and I had over 100 chickens. More recently, I moved 5 months ago with 7 chickens and with the help of my two broody hens and an incubator I've somehow managed to multiply and add them up to... 30 chickens... yes, that's right, I have 30 chickens now and the broody is sitting on 8 eggs, so that's going to go UP again soon... That's chicken math
smile.png

Edited to add: it's the only kind of math I'm any good at.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Sorry for your loss. I hope your other chickens are doing well.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, I am so sorry you lost your baby.
hugs.gif
I know how hard it is to lose them. I hope your heavy heart can heal soon.

Back
Top Bottom