Newbie Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xgurl, Mar 17, 2017.

1. xgurl

xgurl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2017
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Hello All, I am a newbie to the Chicken World! My name is Xiomara, and in January I decided to buy 2 two month old Rhode Island red pullets and in february decided to get 28 one week old white leghorn chicks ( Brave or Crazy? ) . I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I am Married and have two children. I do not know what prompted me in to being a chicken momma? And now I have added to my flock, I have 20 cornish rock broilers, 10 more RIR, 10 barred rock, two "Giant" Cochin one white one Black and two wellsummers. And will definitely be adding to the collection. Buff orpingtons and Delawares are next on my list.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC and the poultry keeping obsession.

You've definitely jumped right into the deep end with layers *and* meat birds - are you planning to process the broilers yourself?

3. xgurl

xgurl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2017
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Thank You, I sure did. And yes I plan on processing them myself. And I also have a Broody banty hen with 12 eggs,3-5 days until we find out how many hatch, and I don't know what kind of Rooster well the name of it. I will post pics.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  6. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    Welcoome to BYC! I hope you like it here and are enjoying your chicken journey!

7. xgurl

xgurl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2017
    Des Moines, Iowa

Thank you, I am Enjoying the chicken journey, I just got 3 BO and 3 silver campine chicks and 10 more broilers. I Love It!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, xgurl, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! Good luck and enjoy your chicken experience! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Xiomara [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by