Newbie Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 4hooves&featheredfriends, Jan 5, 2009.

1. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Greetings to you all! I am a newbie to the fascination with feathers! My first passion, after my husband of 14 yrs and family are my horses and my life as a riding instructor.

Recently, I have been totally obsessed with chickens, as a result of caring for my neighbors flock of 8. Within the past 3 weeks, I have visited 50 sites about chickens and raising chickens; became a member of discussion boards and can't stop checking for new posts.

Although I will not be able to get them for several weeks I have decided upon 3 of each - Barred Rocks, Buff Orps, Speckled Sussex, Golden laced wyandottes, SC light brown Leghorns and Black Australorps. Picked them based upon personality, non-broodiness, egg production and the fact that they will do OK in cold weather.

My family has had birds before but not for about 5 yrs, so I thought I would start it up again. Looking forward to learning so much about my chicks - even though you can never learn enough about horses.

Here is my little video - horses no chickens yet;

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Thanks for letting me share!

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] Nice choices on breeds [​IMG] good luck!

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome to BYC !! [​IMG] Good luck and have fun with your chickens!

5. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by