Newbie Loving my Chickens

Hawg_tied

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
We have six girls, about 13 weeks old now. We made the coop from a dog kennel and they have a 20x40 run that is roofed. They free range my yard which is all fenced in during the day. I must say I am attached to these little ladies, more so no that they have developed their own actual personalities. They do not like meal worms, go figure, but grapes are at the top of the list. My neighbors probably think I am a crazy chicken lady since we sit out in the afternoon with them and they jump right up on our laps. We have done really well acclimating or dogs and chickens so far, thanks to all the great info I have found on this site. Thanks for all the help and chicken love sharing.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you decided to join us
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from Connecticut! Mine aren't big fans of mealworms either. Funny how they have their own preferences. Mine also won't eat most raw vegetables or strawberries. Go figure.
hu.gif

Enjoy your new hobby, your girlz will be laying before you know it!

Welcome to the joy of chickens.....there is something calming about sitting in the yard in the evening and just watching those ladies peck around and forge for whatever they choose. I'm a new egg too and just wanted to say hello.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Eastern Kentucky!

We too sit outside with our girls in the evening. I havent let them free-range since we had neighbor's dogs dig UNDER our fence and attack my flock!!
hit.gif

It soothes my soul to sit with them at night though
smile.png
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom