Newbie mallard duckling mom-Need guidance!

Yes we forgot to mention the fee for advice on here is pictures, especially ducklings
Geez Louise, This is literally minutes after I just replaced & cleaned everything! šŸ¤£
Sry for the blurry pic. They just wont sit still & pose for me šŸ˜†

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 8
Enzyme pack can you post ingredients? All I know about the the other is itā€™s an anti caking agent. Iā€™ve not used Brewers yeast in a long time I always buy Nutritional yeast which hasnā€™t any of the anti caking agent in it.

Welcome to the world of ducklings/ducks.
Lol, In retrospect, still easier than changing out water for multiple 10 to 50 gal tanks & cleaning turtle poo-filled filters tho! Incidentally, the larger aquatic turtles were moved into our unused jacuzzi tubšŸ˜†, making water changes a lifesaver. It was either that or spend $1000 on an 150 gal tank. It also works out that we happen to have an outdoor plastic pond basin I like to put the turtles in during the summer. Should be perfect for duckies... minus the turtles of course!

Enzyme pack can you post ingredients? All I know about the the other is itā€™s an anti caking agent. Iā€™ve not used Brewers yeast in a long time I always buy Nutritional yeast which hasnā€™t any of the anti caking agent in it.
pls See pic
I couldnā€™t find anything online about it.
(Per usual, didnā€™t see fine print til after I got home.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 7
I believe Iā€™d pass on that. For one thing it has calcium in it and it says itā€™s for horses. If you want to give them extra niacin get Nutritional yeast. 1 Tablespoon to each cup of feed to give I sprinkle it on top of the feed and my ducklings gobble it up.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, thank you for the advice. Yeah, I noticed the horses thing too. We weren't allowed inside the store, so being given this after specifically explaining it was for duckling is a little annoying, however, it's no one's fault but my own for not checking before leaving. šŸ¤·

Can you post some turtle pictures too? (Sorry, I just really like turtles...)
This is one of our red-earred sliders basking. He's about 7" in shell length. He recently pulled Houdini tricks on me & has learned how scale a wall to climb out of the jacuzzi. The other aquatic turtle is 8" in shell length & hiding under the log. Mind you they were originally the size of a quarter. I inherited them (plus one other in a separate tank) after my grandmother could no longer care for them. She's 92, and yeah, I take care of her too ā¤
Second pic is Houdini on his great escape. I think if he could fly the coop, he would. It escapes daily now. šŸ¤¦

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-204513.png
    Screenshot_20200530-204513.png
    871.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200521_171458.jpg
    IMG_20200521_171458.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom