Newbie n need help!!

rcross

In the Brooder
May 4, 2015
I have a baby silkie chick with a growth or hernia on his beak I need help any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm not sure if it's fowl pox or what I'm dealing with there are pics posted on my thread in the disease forum. ??For some reason I can't post another pic on this thread???? Well I'm new to BYC and have been raising n caring for chicks for 4 years now so I'm still learning. I have ( 7) 3 week old babies (mix of different breeds)silkies leghorn n bantam something or others , 2 Americaunas and 2 teenage Rhode Island reds. I'm excited to be here hopefully can learn a lot from everyone!!!
1f60a.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f423.png

Welcome to BYC!

I don't have any experience with silkies or the type of situation you are describing but it's good you posted in the emergencies/diseases forum. Hopefully someone there can give you some help with your little one.

I saw where @Yorkshire coop suggested separating the chick from the others to prevent them from pecking and that's good advice, pecking will only make it worse. She may get lonely being by herself so maybe a little stuffed doll could be placed in her isolation cage to keep her company.

Good luck to you, I hope you find out what's going on and that your silkie gets better.

Back
Top Bottom