Newbie - Need help with partial hatchling

@WVduckchick thank you thank you. I have vaseline, so I can totally do that.
I really do appreciate all your help.

Just a thin coating will be great. Don't clump it. I just rub it in with my fingertip.
big_smile.png

Glad to help, hope we can get them out in good condition.

Hello

I had two ducklings pip their eggs yesterday. They did not break through their shells, but one survived the night and is still and peeping from inside.
Everything I have read said it is better to not intervene, becuase usually if they cant get out they probably wont survive. But the little guy survived the night and I can't stand thinking of him stuck in there.
Should I intervene now since the little guy is still alive?

Thanks for your time.
Stormy
Ok well the quote about them not surviving if you help is not necessary true. I have help just about all of my call ducks and when you have 46 calls, I would say that's pretty good on the survival rate. LOL

@Lacrystol thanks for commenting.
I did end end up having to help them. After a day and a half, only one survived.
I named it Gilbert, and it's doing quite well.
We didn't want him to be lonely, so he has a stuffed owl to hang out with.

I definitely learned a lot from this first hatching, and hope I have an opportunity to try it again in the future.
I will be making some changes next time.

@Lacrystol thanks for commenting.
I did end end up having to help them. After a day and a half, only one survived.
I named it Gilbert, and it's doing quite well.
We didn't want him to be lonely, so he has a stuffed owl to hang out with.

I definitely learned a lot from this first hatching, and hope I have an opportunity to try it again in the future.
I will be making some changes next time.
YOU DID HELP, GOOD FOR YOU. so who ever told you not to that they wouldn't survive, show them your proof. LOL.. I think the reason why some say not to is because a lot of people get to antsy and help to soon... If you give them the time then you make the judgement call but you really have to have some patience. It does pay off wether you help or not..

GOOD JOB, send some PICS. Lets see your result.....

Back
Top Bottom