Okay... I have 7 different types of chickens. 1 of each. Here's my list:

Barred Rock
Buff (was supposed to be a RIR)
Aracauna
Polish
Silver Seabright
CA white
Frizzle.

My Frizzle is a roo. All the rest appear to be pullets.

My oldest three are about 8 weeks old, 3 more are about 4-5 weeks old, and our CA white is almost 2 weeks.

Will the Frizzle mate with the hens at some point? Obviously, at least months from now, but still, sometime in the future?

IF he does, what types of chicks should I expect? Will any of them be frizzled, or will they be more like their Mama's?

Thanks!

What type of frizzle roo is he? Standard or bantam? I'm sure he will try to mate with the hens either way, but if he is the same size then I'm sure he will. The frizzle is a gene and not the breed, so yes a % of any chicks will result in being frizzled.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he's a standard. He's all white. Here's a pic:
IMG_3970.jpg

That's definitely a frizzle cockerel.
smile.png

Yes, he will mate with the others, even if he's going to be smaller than them (most frizzles sold at hatcheries, which I'm assuming you got these from, are bantams/miniature)

The offspring will have a 50% chance of having frizzled feathers like him, other than that they will all vary. The polish crosses will have small crests, the "Araucanas" (actually Easter Eggers, mutt chickens. hatcheries don't sell real Araucanas) will have muffs/beards, and so on. You'll have some interesting colors too.

Back
Top Bottom