Newbie Says Hi

RebeccaFarms

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Elizabeth City
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have had 4 to 6 RIR hens for 2 years.
We have 5 hens and one new baby rooster but the girls hate him. Poor baby. He is only a month old.
Found this place by Google (thank God)
My husband and I have 2 does and 1 weather Nubian goats, the 6 chickens and 2 cats and one dog. When the kids left home so did we to start our farm.
We are loving life.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

I have had my current flock of 21 adults for about a year now, the flock before that was murdered by a neighbor's dog. There are three new chicks in the brooder that will join the others at the end of June

Breeds: 2 SSs, 4 SLWs (one is my only roo), 10 BOs, and 5 Lt. Brahmas. The chicks are BRs.

As far as how I got into them, a stray roo showed up in our yard one day, so we caught him, built a small tractor, borrowed a hen from my MIL for companionship, and that started the whole thing. That roo turned out to be so mean that we had to cull him, but now I have a coop that is 8' x 12' in a pen that is about 36' x 30'.

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom