Newbie to chickens and everything else.

MoonflowerMama

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
Gloucester, VA
Hello! Thank you all so much for this wonderful forum and resource of knowledge!!! I have been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to create an account.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am completely new to chickens! I have been researching and learning so much on here and certainly have a bunch more to learn!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have no chickens at this time. I have ordered 15 chicks though and they should be arriving mid May. Very Excited!!!

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have ordered 1 Production Red, 1 Golden Comet, 1 ISA Brown, 1 Prairie Bluebell Egger, 1 Starlight Green Egger, 1 Delaware, 1 Dominique, 1 Black Austrolorp, 1 Asian Black, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Cinnamon Queen, and 2 Rhode Island Red. (There were so many types that we liked and we wanted to try them all.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Couldn't tell you yet. Really looking forward to eggs though!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, sewing, and hopefully gardening soon.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We're a family of 5 located in Gloucester, VA. I am a teacher, my husband is a shipbuilder, and we have 3 children.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I learned about BYC about a year ago, though didn't really start looking and researching until about a month ago. We decided to finally join BYC because my husband and I will have questions over time and figured it was best to finally create an account.

Looking forward to conversing more with y'all down the road. :)

Hello! Thank you all so much for this wonderful forum and resource of knowledge!!! I have been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to create an account.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am completely new to chickens! I have been researching and learning so much on here and certainly have a bunch more to learn!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have no chickens at this time. I have ordered 15 chicks though and they should be arriving mid May. Very Excited!!!

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have ordered 1 Production Red, 1 Golden Comet, 1 ISA Brown, 1 Prairie Bluebell Egger, 1 Starlight Green Egger, 1 Delaware, 1 Dominique, 1 Black Austrolorp, 1 Asian Black, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Cinnamon Queen, and 2 Rhode Island Red. (There were so many types that we liked and we wanted to try them all.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Couldn't tell you yet. Really looking forward to eggs though!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, sewing, and hopefully gardening soon.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We're a family of 5 located in Gloucester, VA. I am a teacher, my husband is a shipbuilder, and we have 3 children.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I learned about BYC about a year ago, though didn't really start looking and researching until about a month ago. We decided to finally join BYC because my husband and I will have questions over time and figured it was best to finally create an account.

Looking forward to conversing more with y'all down the road. :)
CHICKEN-MATH-FARMER-CONNIE.gif

Back
Top Bottom