Newbie trying to learn how to post

Hi newbie here. I have a 1 year old hen who's been pecked on the back of her neck by the other hen's foe quite some time. I found her in the corner of the coop about 2 weeks ago. She was very thin and lithargic , I brought her in the house and accidentally poked her in the left eye. Since then she's been in the house and her head hangs close to the floor ,her left eye is still shut tight and she will not eat from her dish so I've been feeding her with an eye dropper. She also walks in circles. Her left eye looks like it's dislocated. She's one lb. now so she's not eating enough I try to feed her every 3 hours. I really wonder if her eye get's better so will she. Any helpful ideas will be appreciated.

All the pictures here are wonderful. I am new to silkies and have a white roo, 1 white hen and 2 black hens. These chicks hatch yesterday and also have 2 other that look white under the hens and a dark almost black with silver running through that just hatched in the incubator. Will these colors stay the same as they grow? what do you call each color? Thanks

Hi I am new to this website and I cannot seem to figure out how to post a question I have about my chickens! Can someone help?? That would be great!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock!
frow.gif

Hi newbie here. I have a 1 year old hen who's been pecked on the back of her neck by the other hen's foe quite some time. I found her in the corner of the coop about 2 weeks ago. She was very thin and lithargic , I brought her in the house and accidentally poked her in the left eye. Since then she's been in the house and her head hangs close to the floor ,her left eye is still shut tight and she will not eat from her dish so I've been feeding her with an eye dropper. She also walks in circles. Her left eye looks like it's dislocated. She's one lb. now so she's not eating enough I try to feed her every 3 hours. I really wonder if her eye get's better so will she. Any helpful ideas will be appreciated.

Can't really say....but the chicken in my avatar only has one eye and seems to be doing ok....

So I bought chick's from a little hardware store here in town. They were not separated so I ended up with 6 roosters and 5 hens... My roosters are going crazy attacking each other and of course trying to "mate" with my hens. I don't want fertilized eggs so I tried separating them. Bad idea.. I felt like I was in a horror movie and the Roosters where all over the run (that the hens were in). Then I did what I could to separate the males from the females and the males started to attack one of the weaker males... as you may be able to tell this is my first year having chickens and I'm really confused on what to do..

Back
Top Bottom