Newbie! Wanting to sell eggs

They seem like a lot of work to breed? I only have two hens and a rooster. Currently they’re only a few weeks old... I’m not actually in love with the the breed so far. I would like to make money off of them but I don’t know.

What would you do?
If I had them, being rare and expensive in a lot of cases seemingly, I'd probably keep them at least for a while. If the rooster got nasty, I may try to sell him. It's totally up to you. I'm not sure what your chicken budget is and if you don't want to pay for a breed that you're not in love with... but who knows, maybe they'll grow on you as they get older. It's totally up to you.

If I had them, being rare and expensive in a lot of cases seemingly, I'd probably keep them at least for a while. If the rooster got nasty, I may try to sell him. It's totally up to you. I'm not sure what your chicken budget is and if you don't want to pay for a breed that you're not in love with... but who knows, maybe they'll grow on you as they get older. It's totally up to you.
I could hang onto them... they’re not really hurting anything. I kind of wanted to see what type of bird I’d get if I bred the rooster with an Easter egger. I would definitely like to get into breeding and selling but I also don’t want things just to make money. I’d much prefer quality, happy animals I’m familiar with. I don’t just want to tax my animals because I CAN make money. Anything extra is great to support my family but it’s not my main goal.

I don’t know if I’m explaining that right... profit is great! Of course! But I’m not greedy 😂

I even told my husband I was thinking of passing them on to help the breeder near me and he told me cemanis don’t come along like that everyday and that I should keep them. So it’s just something I’ve been pushing around.

Or maybe with the Cemanis you could raise them to adults and then sell them as a breeding trio? But in that case you would have put more money into them already... @MysteryChicken , what do you think?
If it were me I'd keep the trio, as a breeding group to sell chicks.

Ayam Cemani don't really seem like they need any special care, unlike a regular chicken.

Back
Top Bottom