Newbie with 21 Ducks

Newbie to the site as I need help!

I'm the caretaker of 21 rescue ducks, some runners, some Pekins and some I have no idea. I happened on to them at least 5 years ago when asked to "babysit" while a co-worker went out of town. I wasn't happy with their living conditions, shared my concerns with owner, who replied "if you don't like how I care for them, do it yourself". I did at least 3 times a week by using my lunch time & weekends for many years. Once I was in a position to buy property, the first item completed was a 20 x 20 duck pen and a pond. I asked for them, and moved them over 100 miles to their new house. I've had them on property now for almost 2 years. My other pets (cats and dogs for now) are rescue, and/or medically needy animals. No real hobbies currently as my time is spent on

Amazing wonderful happy ending!! Thanks for joining us. I love ducks too!!

Newbie to the site as I need help!

I'm the caretaker of 21 rescue ducks, some runners, some Pekins and some I have no idea. I happened on to them at least 5 years ago when asked to "babysit" while a co-worker went out of town. I wasn't happy with their living conditions, shared my concerns with owner, who replied "if you don't like how I care for them, do it yourself". I did at least 3 times a week by using my lunch time & weekends for many years. Once I was in a position to buy property, the first item completed was a 20 x 20 duck pen and a pond. I asked for them, and moved them over 100 miles to their new house. I've had them on property now for almost 2 years. My other pets (cats and dogs for now) are rescue, and/or medically needy animals. No real hobbies currently as my time is spent working 2 jobs to pay for their care and any time-off is used maintaining my property. Hoping to learn via this site on how I can provide a better life for my ducks!
Welcome. You are awesome. Dedicating your life to save animals. All of us here are happy to help you, I am not a duck person, but @Jenbirdee is

come on over to the ducks forum and check out all the posts going on, join in with us! Sounds like you have enough experience to help others and we are all here as well to answer any questions you may have. perhaps you can start a thread with pictures of your ducks. I’d love to see them. 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

Back
Top Bottom