Newbie with babies... Is this right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jennylove21326, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jennylove21326

jennylove21326 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    Seneca, SC
    Ok so I purchased 6 new babies. 5 are "Red Pullets" and 1 is a "Buff Orpington?" Is this right? I don't understand how 5 of them could be the same variety when the colors are so different?? Are they actually different varieties?? Please help.. I'd like to learn more about them.

[​IMG]

Two of My "red pullets" look like this ^^^^^^^ (Millicent and Cacchiatore)

[​IMG]

Another 2 "Red Pullets" look like this^^^^^ (BBQ and Florentine)

[​IMG]

This is the 5th "Red Pullet" ^^^^^^ (Alfredo)

[​IMG]

And this is my Buff Orpington(not sure if I am spelling that right) (General Tso)

So I guess I am trying to figure out why 2 of my reds are brown, 2 of them are red, and one of them looks pretty much just like the buff?? Any more info would be great. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. The second ooks like an RIR (rhode island red) but the other 2 i would say are golden comets, the very first one, umm EE maybe?

3. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    Lots of breeds have a red color, pullet just means "girl". They are not necessarily the same breed.

4. oh oops,

yes pullet is just a baby girl hen, and cockeral is a boy, red can be any breed , tho buff orpington is a breed, theres good moms, layers, and sweet

[​IMG]heres a VERY handsome rooster
    [​IMG]heres a pullet
    [​IMG]another rooster, they come in puffy shapes and thin shapes like this

cute babies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by