dferg36

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 20, 2016
Good afternoon!! I am very new at raising chickens and a sweet friend recommended this site. So here I am. I just acquired 4 hens and a rooster.... so on with the new adventure!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on your new flock :D What breed/s have you started out with? The learning Center is are at place to start for lots of super articles that are very helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new venture. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Honestly I don't know. I think one of the hens may be an australorp. I received them through someone else and don't know how well they were taken care of. I'm trying to be as organic as possible. Built a coop, but want to have free range. I have skimmed through and read several posts here. I did buy DE to sprinkle on the chicken house floors. I believe a couple, if not all have scaly leg mites and I will start working on that immediately. I did wonder what would be best to use for worming, and how often. After reading some of the posts (like having tapeworms in the eggs) I want them taken care of quickly. Would you recommend worming now? I only want a few, and want them to be healthy.

Hi there! Welcome! Sounds like you are on your way to success!
If you are interested in learning about my flock here at the Savage Farm, getting tips, and reading great stories, visit the link in my bio
smile.png
I share all kinds of crazy stories about my animals!

What would you recommend for worming? I would like to be as organic as possible. I have added Diatemaceous Earth to their feed.

Back
Top Bottom