pdoyle23323

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Hi! I am very new to chickens. I have 5 Plymouth Rocks. I had 6 but the dog got one. That was very hard lesson. They are 6 weeks old and getting so big. My husband of 20 years just built me a coop and a run. They are almost ready to go out. Husband wants to move them out now but I'm having separation anxiety.
We have have 5 acres and wanted to use the land and decided to start with chickens. Found this site by way of Google. Wonderful site. So much info. Husband built a coop and run for them. The goal is to eventually let them free roam some. Gotta go search the forums for some answers.
I love to flower and veg garden, four wheeling is another thing I enjoy as well. I do the books for a concrete company, have 2 old dogs and look forward to having some fresh eggs one day.

Dawn

welcome-byc.gif

Great choice on the breed of chicken you chose!

welcome-byc.gif
Chickens are addictive so I hope your coops going to be big enough...
wink.png

I'd love to see some pics of your girls. I have 2 Plymouth Rock girls among my flock and they beat all the others for size and they aren't even laying yet! (But must be fairly close to it)

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!!! It's a good place to learn all about chickens... I hope to see some pics of the ladies when you get the chance.. If you need me, feel free to PM me with any questions you may have...
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

frow.gif
woot.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio
thumbsup.gif
You chose a great breed of chicken!
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif
It's good that you love your flock.
ya.gif
somad.gif
Your dog might need some new rules taught to him/her.
barnie.gif

My coop is a 4'x4' box design, my 4 hens & 1 roo LOVE it! ~ plenty of space for them too!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom