Newbie!

robincarlin0522

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
Statesville, NC
Hello all! I have 24 chickens, and have never done any of this before. But, I absolutely love it. I find myself wanting to get home just to hang out with my brood! I have a roo that is a golden lace wydanotte, 4 australorps, 4 rhode island reds, 4 silkies (3 hens, 1 roo), 6 brahmas, 6 new hampshire reds. They have a 6 x 8 coop with 4 nesting boxes, and it is lifted off the ground about 18 inches and fenced in under so they can come out whenever. I let them out in a small fenced in area when I am home and sit in the grass and watch them forage. They are my way to distress after work::))

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, this is the place to be when you own chickens! And who needs TV when you have chickens! I love hanging out with my birds. Very relaxing and good for the soul.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a very pretty flock, watching and talking to the chickens is a good way to unwind after work they are so fun to watch..

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Wow, sounds like you need a much bigger coop for all those chickens. Rule of thumb is 4 sg.feet per bird in the coop and 10 sq.feet per bird in the outdoor run.

Back
Top Bottom