Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Thanks so much for the great responses guys! I think they are around the 18 week mark but I will try the 'hand on them and see if they squat' approach
1f60a.png
they are a light sussex and red production or Molly and Rosey as we have decided to call them
1f604.png
they have settled in nicely and don't seem to be showing negative signs towards the food or any kidney problems. I will try picking them up at night. Again thanks so much for the brilliant response and great advice and I'm sure there will be much more questions to come!! Thanks from Molly and Rosey too
1f413.png

Thanks so much for the great responses guys! I think they are around the 18 week mark but I will try the 'hand on them and see if they squat' approach
1f60a.png
they are a light sussex and red production or Molly and Rosey as we have decided to call them
1f604.png
they have settled in nicely and don't seem to be showing negative signs towards the food or any kidney problems. I will try picking them up at night. Again thanks so much for the brilliant response and great advice and I'm sure there will be much more questions to come!! Thanks from Molly and Rosey too
1f413.png
You're welcome. Most chicken breeds normally start laying from 20 to 25 weeks, so your hens should start laying soon. Both Light Sussex and Production Reds are good layers so you should get lots of eggs from them. Good luck with Molly and Rosey.

Back
Top Bottom