Newbies 1st Hatch ! ! *Contest Listing updated*

Quote:
im gonna be good and not open the bator im sitting on my hands even though i wanna know if they are still alive

Last edited:
Quote:
im gonna be good and not open the bator im sitting on my hands even though i wanna know if they are still alive

Me too...No more opening the bator!
smack.gif

It's Day 23 by my figuring, and with three hatched (one yesterday and two the day before) I think we're done. I candled a couple eggs and found no movement; opened one, and found a mostly formed dead chick.

So I guess I'm 3 out of 15.
hmm.png

We're leaving things sit until the youngest is dry and hopping around a little better, he lost a lot more blood than the others and didn't look too great that first day, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for the remaining eggs.

I'm the most bummed that none of my shipped eggs hatched, and I know there was LIFE in them on Day 14. Oddly enough, my first two pips were from eggs out of my fridge!

Stumpy is looking much better today, but he's still in the 'bator as the day-older chicks were pecking him mercilessly. I have a sort-of-buffish EE mix and a black bantam cochin that may or may not frizzle, unsure of which roo (RIR or mutt) is the dad. Stumpy came out of a Cuckoo Maran egg and has a big white spot on his black head, making me believe that he's likely a 'he' ... it worked with the 5 CM chicks a broody hatched out for us (4 girls and a boy) so may as well get used to calling him a boy.
wink.png

Hopefully the other two are pullets ... we just gave away our extra mutt roos!

Buttercup, I'm glad 3 hatched for you, and I hope everything turns out ok for Stumpy.
hugs.gif

Day 21 today, and I have a pip! I think it's going to be a LONG day.
fl.gif

24456_pip_010.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom