newby roller question

cochinGurl

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
bellingham
hi everybody, i got a female arabian roller. i got her as a companion for my highflyer dale a month ago. she is about a year old. she wasnt paired before i got her. she laid eggs soon after she arrived and had a baby witch died. now they are sitting on two new fake eggs. so how long should i keep her in before letting her out to free-fly? thanks!

can they just nest, and maybe have to lay, but not have to raise chicks to settle with you? i bought four, two are still squeakers, so going to maybe let them out for first time, with my one squeaker that already has flying privileges as its brought home one older one when it got out, then one squeaker when it got out. though nose cere are same colors as beaks in all now not like i notice in most mature birds, so maybe all young still. im concerned about losing them, but dont want to keep un mated pairs all confined together all the time, as assume thatd be bad, especially with odd number right now till feral is out of quarantine in week to month (?). if pair bonded already you could just let one out and itll stay around by other and know to come back.

Last edited:
@ Larrylofts i dont know, the people i got her from said she was an arabian roller, thats all i know
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom