Newly hatched chick has something hanging off it - unabsorbed yolk? Intestine? Help! PICS ADDED

Thanks! Fingers crossed I'll be posting some pics of two fluffy little chicks in their brooder by tomorrow!
lol.png

the same thing happened to me when my last chick hatched, only the thing hanging from his rear was not as big. i waited for it to dry and then cut a large portion of it off and a few days later the rest of it fell off on its own. give her time and she will most likely fix herself :)

Hey so I have a similar problem, but the other end is still attached to the inside of the shell...she is dragging it round with her as she's moves round the incubator. Any ideas how I can help?

Our first ever chick hatched overnight but she has something hanging from her rear - I'm not sure if it's unabsorbed yolk or her intestine. It's red ish rather than the yolk colour.I'll post a pic as soon as I get into work - cant figure how to do it from phone. Our bantam chick hatched 5 mins ago and she looks fine. Our goat kidded overnight by herself too! Baby central here this morning! We'd hate to lose this one though so any help would be much appreciated!

Our first ever chick hatched overnight but she has something hanging from her rear - I'm not sure if it's unabsorbed yolk or her intestine. It's red ish rather than the yolk colour.I'll post a pic as soon as I get into work - cant figure how to do it from phone. Our bantam chick hatched 5 mins ago and she looks fine. Our goat kidded overnight by herself too! Baby central here this morning! We'd hate to lose this one though so any help would be much appreciated!
Hello i just had this happen yesterday! Do you remember if your chick survived?! Mine is eating and drinking but it is very small and still has the red dangling thing dried up! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom