Newly hatched chick. NO EYES! **UPDATE 1-31-12** SHE LAYED!!!!!!!!

I hatched a duckling wit no eyes. I wasn't sure what to think or do. The best advice I got was from someone that could care less about chickens or ducks " he don't know he is blind, give him a chance" I did and he is going GReat! He lives outside now and you would never know he is blind
big_smile.png

Best of luck with your chick
hugs.gif

Here is Blind Bob hatched on 5/1.

72330_blindbob.jpg

And a recent picture.

72330_blindbob78.jpg

I've been following this story since day one and have shown it to my parents as well. We're all pulling for you and little chicky! The little looks like s/he is doing great! I love how s/he was looking for you when you stopped making noise. Definitely shows being bonded!

I had a Buff Laced Polish pullet last year. She was cross beaked but got on fine. I found her lost in the front yard of our house, about 300-yard from where she was supposed to be. She wasn't blind, just a Polish who had too much fluff in and on her head.
gig.gif

Good luck with your undertaking.

I think we have so much to learn from animals. It's humbling to see how the will to live doesn't get overridden by what's "normal". My dog, Angel, a german sheperd mix, came down with myasthenia graive (usually fatal) when she was about 2 years old. Vet told me no cure, wouldn't last long. I did some alternative stuff, and it went away after 8 months, Vet scratching his head. She lived 15 more YEARS, our miracle doggie. It was a gift, in the midst of her really bad symptoms (could barely walk, eat), teaching her to eat with front paws up on a chair (so she wouldn't aspirate) that she just kept putting one paw in front of the other. Never complained, always happy to see us. She knew she was very loved, and that made all the difference...

omgosh, i'm tearing up at that little video! I love him!
love.gif
I almost want a blind chick myself now!
lol.png

I have a friend who is completely blind, as his eyes didn't form before he was born. He has no vision at all but can still distinguish between light and dark, espcially bright light. Can the blind birds tell the difference, do you think?

Quote:
I was wondering this to, So i turned the bedroom light off and tried feeding him in the dark and he had no interested to eat till the light was on

Back
Top Bottom