newly hatched chick staying on its back

When I have chicks that flip over. I use a coffee cup with a paper towel in it for traction. Usually they get better within a day or 2.
I have a brand new ee chick, as in born at 8.43am this morning and it keeps flipping over, but it is not dry and I have other eggs pipping in there. Can I leave it alone for a while or should I put it in a container and back in the bator? Thanks.

Leave it alone for now. May be weak from hatching.

If your humidity is high enough and you think the chick needs the container by all means put him in it

When I have chicks that flip over. I use a coffee cup with a paper towel in it for traction. Usually they get better within a day or 2.
This was excellent advice, thank you. I used a small cereal bowl as our cups are large mugs and the chick spent her time stretching her legs and trying to stand on tip toe. This was just the exercise those little legs needed. She is up and running today. Thank you again.

The coffee cup trick worked! Thank you. One session overnight and the next for a few hours, but the chick seems to be doing fine. We added "Quik Chik" to the water and saw to it the "star gazer" got some inside it. This morning I can't tell which of the 9 chicks had a problem.

The coffee cup trick worked! Thank you. One session overnight and the next for a few hours, but the chick seems to be doing fine. We added "Quik Chik" to the water and saw to it the "star gazer" got some inside it. This morning I can't tell which of the 9 chicks had a problem.
If you put it in the coffee cup is it in the incubator still?

This was excellent advice, thank you. I used a small cereal bowl as our cups are large mugs and the chick spent her time stretching her legs and trying to stand on tip toe. This was just the exercise those little legs needed. She is up and running today. Thank you again.
Did you leave it in the incubator when you put it in the bowl?

Hi Feedman77. This is an old thread, but I have a turkey chick hatched today and he flipped up-side-down and couldn't right himself. I used your trick and so far so good. Thanks. Also I have a tom turkey that looks just like your icon pic.

We are having some troubles with our first chick flipping on to his back also. We tried to put him in the container like you said. Is there anything else we should be doing. He’s still trying to climb out. What should we do.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom