Newly Hatched

Breakfast for 2

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
SE VA-NC border
Hello peeps!,
Just wanted to introduce myself....I'm a 1st time chicken owner. I got my 1st gal 3 months ago and put her in with my giunea hens. I did great raising the guineas from chicks and I'm doing wonderful with Hilary, Rhode Island Red too. So we bought a really nice coop off of craigslist and I got some peeps! 2 silver laced wyandottes, 2 golden comets, 2 barred rocks, 3 partridge wyandottes and another RI Red.
celebrate.gif

All but the Partridge wynd. are outside, the other 3 are about a month younger than the rest. Just a couple days ago I acquired a brown leghorn rooster that's about 3 wks. older than my main brood. He was a freebie due to the fact that neighbors were complaining about him.
D.gif
A quick little note about myself, I also own 3 horses and we live on 5 acres, we haven't built our own barn yet but as soon as we do (hopefully by 2014) we'll move the horses over and get a goat or 2 and let the chickens mingle with them all. We also have 3 german shepherds and 1 border collie mix and to round it out.....2 cats
tongue.png

Love this forum and all the info is above and beyond awesome! Very EGGcited to be apart of your coop!
Here's a video of my coop & brood.....enjoy!

MY COOP....which we're getting ready to expand next week (yay!)

Cool looking coop! Very do it yourself look to it. That is quite a mixed flock, especially with the giunea hens! Welcome to BYC!!
Thanks!, yeah the gentlemen we bought it from got the neighbors old decking material when they put up a composite deck. He did a fantastic job on it. That thing takes 4 adult men to move, and I'm getting ready to buy another used dog pen from craigslist to add on. Eventually by about June/July we'll have an additional 25-30' of run added by building the typical wood & chicken wire style. I'll have the 2 gates so I can close off the secured section when I want.
cool.png
I'm very attached to them already and I went through the "predator" thing with my guineas, so I've learned a lot the hard way. This was my old redneck coop....not very safe. After loosing 2 of my last 4 quineas to a possum I started looking for a "fortress",lol. We've got coyote, fox, opossums, skunks, snakes and of course stray hunting dogs to always be alert to.

Back
Top Bottom