Newnan, GA Show

Quote:
This is the BIG QUALIFYing show for Black Copper MARANS. There should be more people at this show with good marans than at any previous time. . .
If the marans people can not SHOW that they are ready - - - the APA standard for marans will not be approved.

I'm not at all educated on showing and how this stuff works, but does this mean that the more who show marans, the better chance of approval? I've got two pullets I could bring if it would help "the cause," but I'll have to learn fast! LOL

(At Lake City marans chicks were going for $10 each from the one person I saw selling them if I remember correctly.)

I would not be surprised with a $10 per chick charge - - -BUT PERSONALLY - - I would not buy ANY until I saw the parent stock and got REAL familiar with what they should look like. There are a lot of people selling marans just to make quick cash and not doing a good job at bettering the stock. Even if they bought good parent stock, if they aren't selective in the offspring breeding the whole line could be degenerating within a couple of generations. . . .

Check out the marans thead and start learning. If you want to know something just ask. We get a bad rep over on that thread for not dressing up the truth pretty enough. . . . but you won't find a more helpful group of people who want to help you learn. I've asked about topics many times and people will go FIND pictures to help me understand the concept = = = =Just incredible amount of assistance.

To answer your previous question - - Marans were up for APA approval before. They did not make it because people were showing birds to far away from the standard. So, this is their second try to show APA that they are READY to meet the proposed standard. It isn't a question about MORE people showing - - - it is a question about people showing MORE marans that are meeting the proposed standard.

Good Luck and I hope to see you on the Marans thread. If you just want to "LURK" ( watch, but not post), it will be ok. . . . If you have a question about something that gets posted- - - feel free to PM someone. . . .

Vickie,
The pics are great. I am interested in the splash cockerel and the first splash hen. Of course I closed the pics down so I don't have the band numbers....DUH! Could I get some close ups of them....face, feet, you know the standard...
Thanks
Lori

Quote:

Quote:
What information I have on the Ft. Payne:

1st Annual Spring Bantam Show Show date is April 9th 2011, at The VFW fairgrounds in Fort Payne. P.M. me if you need a contact for that Show.

Also, Alabama Bantam Club Spring Show on April 16th in Clanton, Alabama. I am the contact for that Show, just P.M. me and I can send you a premium list when they go out. (Love to see ya there!!)

Claudia

Quote:
Are the LG lemon blue cochin if so how much a dozen and do you have chicks for sale

Hey are you going to be there Frizzle? Have any cochin or BLRW chicks for sale?

I will be Selling some BBS and some White Bearded Silkies. From Breeder to SQ. I will be showing some of these birds I am selling. So just find me and I will let you know which ones in the show are for sale. Also, cannot coup out birds in the show until Sunday morning. So if your interested in any of them. Keep that in mind....

But like always I do not get sale birds out until all my show birds are ready to be judged. Usually between 8:30 and 9:00 am Sat.

Can't Wait for this Show
wee.gif
... Love to see all the Chicken people. But of course, I have to stay outside as much as possible to keep the nerves calm.
cool.png

Quote:
Are the LG lemon blue cochin if so how much a dozen and do you have chicks for sale

Sure am and yes I have chicks blrw and frizzle cochin

Quote:

Sure am and yes I have chicks blrw and frizzle cochin

ohh How much are you bring them to sell?

Back
Top Bottom