Newnan, Georgia Show February 20, 2010

Quote:
Thanks for the videos!!!! I forgot my camcorder on the table at home. 4 out of the 5 splash silkies you filmed were mine!!!! Thanks so much..enjoyed all of the videos!!!!

Hope to have a group silkie photo today!!

What a terrific day!

I bought for myself a pretty little Splash pullet that was being shown. On the video of those Splash Silkies it's the last one. I just about cried when I had to cut her feathering from her face, but she instantly stopped the odd movement she was making... just trying to see. She will be a breeder.... so really that feathering is not that critical.....YEAH, that was what I was telling myself! haha

Then, the hubby got three blue orp hens from Bamachicken. Those girls are so big! At LEAST 10 lbs. each. They are her culls, but you talk about some pretty "yard chickens" but they are!!

Well, my sweet darling son cried for thirty minutes for a chicken. Yes, Momma gave into the tears and his Aunt wanted to buy them for his birthday. Glen Cryar helped him pick out some nice birds....and, well, Colton is now the owner of a pair of Old English game. What was two more beaks to feed?? Well, it's two more than I am willing to do, so it's up to him to care for them. He has plans to exhibit the roo in a local show coming up in April. His first experience in exhibiting. What fun for a little boy!!

15761_newnan2010-2.jpg

(me in green)

Then Glen Cryar gave him a trio of Moderns, and Keith Wagnor took the time to show him how to train them. Those two guys are really special, and if anyone ever gets a chance to meet them, you will never find two nicer breeders/judges.

I got to meet up with many old friends from BYC... Bamachicken, Taterschickens. And, then there were SO many new ones! Sunshinesilkies, T.E.R., newnanchick, Misty4774, briarpatchfarms, and I'm sure there were others!

That will not be my last time there! Well worth the trip to Georgia.

Claudia

T.E.R. :

Where is the carpet city show?

Tony, it's up in Dalton, GA. (North-West part of the state)

You just worry about marking that April....Clanton Show (all bantams) down on your calender! haha​

Last edited:
big_smile.png
This was my first poultry show and it was a blast.

Enjoyed meeting BYC members allaboutdemchicks, Bamachickens, Taterschickens, JamesA, Chris McCary, Marquisella and sunshinesilkies. I got to see first hand all those gorgeous chickens, it was a pity, we had no place in the truck otherwise I would have brought them all home.
wink.png

I also got to meet and talk to the Marans breeders Bev Davis, Wade Jeane and his wife, Buddy Henry from Backwoods Poultry, Charles Logan from Green Acres Poultry, Dick Dickerson, Tommy Culpepper from Darkeggs.com. Some great info learned.
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations to JamesA, he won BB with his Buckeyes.
thumbsup.gif

I did come home with lots of hatching eggs.
woot.gif
, thanks to allaboutdemchicks.

bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom