Next to None Eggs Since a Few Months

They might start their first molt at this age.

The respiratory infection your mentioned could have been IB = Infectious bronchitis, which can lead to a damaged reproductive tract, resulting in false layers or reduced egg production.
One of my hens has been losing feathers around her neck, so I suppose she is molting but her feathers aren't really growing back. Its been a month or two since she has had bare neck

Attachments

• 20210817_183037.jpg
    20210817_183037.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 4
One of my hens has been losing feathers around her neck, so I suppose she is molting but her feathers aren't really growing back. Its been a month or two since she has had bare neck
Is this at the front? If so, she might have just rubbed them off on a sharp edge (feeder or chain link fence or similar). If it is on the upper side, it might be from the rooster grabbing her to mate.
They will soon start to grow back once the molt sets in.

Is this at the front? If so, she might have just rubbed them off on a sharp edge (feeder or chain link fence or similar). If it is on the upper side, it might be from the rooster grabbing her to mate.
Agreed.

This is at the front left side of her neck.

Today we only had 1 egg.
They have had bronchitis for a long time but the egg laying season has never been this dry...

I didn't think of an egg eater, but very true!
**update**
We have an egg eater. Someone has been eating eggs in the past week! Total eaten egg count is 5.
We have only been getting 1 egg a day for the past week. And they have been eating that too!
And it's not like all the shell is left, half a shell also goes missing. And they always have enough food.

A hen of mine sometimes screams before laying an egg. And she has been doing that now. And it's been months since I last heard her do that. And I haven't really been seeing her in the nest box. But then again, I am a student so I am usually at school during the egg laying hours. Her abdomen is not the most soft, but not the most hard.

They have oyster shells as calcium in every nest box.

**update**
We have an egg eater. Someone has been eating eggs in the past week! Total eaten egg count is 5.
We have only been getting 1 egg a day for the past week. And they have been eating that too!
And it's not like all the shell is left, half a shell also goes missing. And they always have enough food.

A hen of mine sometimes screams before laying an egg. And she has been doing that now. And it's been months since I last heard her do that. And I haven't really been seeing her in the nest box. But then again, I am a student so I am usually at school during the egg laying hours. Her abdomen is not the most soft, but not the most hard.

They have oyster shells as calcium in every nest box.
Glad you found out!

Back
Top Bottom