Next Year

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    What is everyone's projects for next year? (it's weird saying that being it's less than a month away) 2010 is Pigeons for me. Also I'll be showing my birds, maybe getting guineas and of course increasing numbers of hens [​IMG] New coop for guineas, fixing the coop my standards are in and installing roosts in my mottled cochins run...

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Build a better outdoor run.
    Build an outdoor enclosure for the cats.
    Dig up a lot more lawn and plant more useful things.
    Increase privacy.
    Make the house and yard more secure.
    Kill all carpenter ants.
    Improve drainage around the house.

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Move to our farm! [​IMG] And, soon after that,
    get ducks
    start breeding my Seramas
    plant a garden
    take loads of pictures and
    post the pictures on BYC!!!! [​IMG]

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Build a nice coop with more room and security, clear and plant the mini-orchard, more gardening - canning - freezing, get another beef in the freezer. Keep improving health (diet and exercise). Look into more birds to go in the big coop, and bees?

Kooshie, how'd you manage shifting your life from (presumably) the city job to farm?

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    We moved into a duplex townhouse this month, so it's all quail right now. So going to focus on breeding the quail into a stable jumbo size, and growing a garden where there's now dirt and rock.

6. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Triple my laying flock.
    Raise two Turkeys.
    Raise ducks.
    Double my garden.
    Build pens for raising meat birds.
    Make two homemade bators.
    More list to come later...

7. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    My project for next year is to start a VERY LARGE worm farm in the warehouse. There are no local worms for sale around here. They are all from somewhere else. I live close to Lake Houston and the San Jacinto river. I think I can make some money. So there it is, MjdTexan's worm farm. My chickens will appreciate it, my garden will like the worm castings and maybe my wallet will get a little larger.

8. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I am doing a complete upgrade! I am building a permanent coop and run for my laying hens and using the tractor I currently have the hens in for 12 new chicks. I am getting some more Campbell ducks, too. With the space I have available I can get up to 4 more ducks. I am considering getting a rooster, but not sure, yet. I am also considering trying to raise up a batch of meaties. I don't know if I will be prepared and/or motivated enough to manage that as well.

9. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Quote:Cool Idea. Good luck.

10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I SOOOOO wanted a mealybug farm, BUT mom didn't really support the idea lol. I planted a garden that is just cheap seeds and use the left overs from cleaning out the coop in there. mix it up every few weeks and it's worm central. We got compost from the landfield and it attracts them like magnets. I guess that'll have to do....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by