NGa/WNC/E. TN Chicken Stock Thank you Everyone!!

CountryPantry

Fat Matt's Poultry Farm
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Hayesville, NC
Welcome to ALL North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee BYCers

celebrate.gif
We are hosting a Chicken Swap Meet on April 24th.
celebrate.gif

8:30 til 5 at Mountain Valley Country Store, 670 Hwy 69, Hayesville, NC.

We are located between Murphy NC and Hiawassee, GA. It is easy to find and access from Hwy 64 or Hwy 76/575/515.

There will be BBQ Plates with Baked Beans, Cole Slaw and Drink($5.00) and Sandwich & Drink ($4.00) available for those that would like to partake in Lunch. Drinks will also be available($1.00). My sons are doing this with their catering company. They are charging us only what it cost them!!
pop.gif

We will be offering a raffle and silent auction. Items to be announced as we get them. Moneys from the raffle & silent auction will be given to Relay for Life Cancer Fight. Both of our moms died of cancer and we support this cause every year and thought you would like to help too!
woot.gif

thumbsup.gif
Raffle and Silent Auction Items
thumbsup.gif

1. 50 lb.Bag of Layena Feed (Purina)
2. 1 100 watt heater bulb (Shop the Coop)
3. 1 Electronic Temp controller (Shop the coop)
4. 1 Treat Ball (Shop the Coop)
5. 1 Glass chicken (Shop the Coop)
6. Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy (Randall Burkey Co.)
7. 1 jar of Happy Hen Treats Sunflower Sensation (Randall Burkey Co.)
8. $20 gift Certificate from Ideal Hatchery (Ideal Hatchery)
9. Mt Healthy Gift Certificates for 25 your choice Pullets (Mt. Healthy Hatchery)
10. Mt Healthy Gift Certificates for 25 your choice Pullets (Mt. Healthy Hatchery)
11. Mt Healthy Gift Certificates for 25 your choice Pullets (Mt. Healthy Hatchery)
12. Mt Healthy Gift Certificates for 25 your choice Pullets (Mt. Healthy Hatchery)
13. Mt Healthy Gift Certificates for 25 your choice Pullets (Mt. Healthy Hatchery)
14. JM Hatchery Gift Certificate for 25 Ranger Broiler Chicks (JM Hatchey)
15. JM Hatchery Gift Certificate for 25 Ranger Broiler Chicks (JM Hatchey)

Door Prizes:
1. Posters from GQF Manufacturing
2. USDA Poultry Calenders for 2010
3. Ideal Hatchery Coffee Mug

I will have Olive Egger Chicks, Easter Egger Chicks, Quails available and some Mille Fluer D'Uccle Roosters. This is all I know of right now
lol.png

Please let us know if you might attend as we are going to try and keep a list going.
caf.gif

thumbsup.gif
INTEREST LIST
thumbsup.gif

blessedchickenmama7
BCSilkies
joletababy
muddstopper
Georgia Boy 1970
Speckledhen
missouri chick
mudder hen
Key west chick
Possumblossom

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

This is just a reminder for those of you that are attending and/or selling or trading to bring the following:
1. EZ up or some type of cover if you need it, as there are no trees.
2. Chairs
3. Table if you need one
4. All poultry, rabbits etc must be in cages
5. You may want to bring boxes if you are selling anything for people to haul animals home in. (not all remember to bring cages, so we found
out the last one we attended)

These are just a few of things we found out the last Chicken Swap we attended, hope it helps you.

Last edited:
woot.gif
The location will be Hayesville, NC . I have interest of the feed stores to host it. Isn't that nice? We will also offer BBQ Plates, Baked Bean, Cole Slaw with Drinks for $5.00 so no one has to worry about bringing food. This is some awesome BBQ (pulled Pork) that the boys (sons) make for catering events and they charge alot. We are only paying the cost of the supplies and food.
woot.gif
woot.gif
Thank you sons!! They are good boys!!

Last edited:
I would say there is a good interest in a meet in WNC. You might want to talk to Jeff at the Peachtree Farm and Home, he has mentioned to me his interest in hosting a meet sometime this spring.

For those that might not know where the area Matt is referring to is located, its 2hrs N of Atlanta Ga, East of Chattanooga Tn, West of Asheville NC, SW of Knoxville Tn and NE of Greenville SC. Pretty much within 2 hrs of anywhere. Right next to the Tn-Ga state lines in the extreme Western corner of NC. Now I know there are a lot of Chicken folks within a very short driving distance of here.

Back
Top Bottom