niacin injection hints & tricks

Just Quackers

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2023
This is the first time I have ever had any issues with niacin deficiency. A recommendation was to purchase the liquid injectable supplement. I thought I was going to be so smart by putting the liquid inside the hole of a raspberry, but I have now discovered my duckies do not like them! I have a baby syringe to put the liquid directly in her mouth, but she shook her head and I am now wearing it. Made her get a drink and the liquid went into the water. My question is do I keep trying to put the syringe farther down her throat? What tricks have all of you come across to make this process for easier for Clementine and me!

This is the first time I have ever had any issues with niacin deficiency. A recommendation was to purchase the liquid injectable supplement. I thought I was going to be so smart by putting the liquid inside the hole of a raspberry, but I have now discovered my duckies do not like them! I have a baby syringe to put the liquid directly in her mouth, but she shook her head and I am now wearing it. Made her get a drink and the liquid went into the water. My question is do I keep trying to put the syringe farther down her throat? What tricks have all of you come across to make this process for easier for Clementine and me!
I just dump a couple niacin capsules into their drinking water.

Be careful with the syringe, you need to be past the ducks breathing tube.

Back
Top Bottom