Nice cheap hygrometer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by halo, Mar 1, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I use this one also - in fact bought 2 - one for the hatchout area and one for the incubator area of the cabinet....Very helpful and consistently reliable...I was greatly impressed!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Thanks for the recommendation! [​IMG]

4. Ole Mule

Ole Mule Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2007
    South Carolina
    Would you consider the temperature gage accurate also, on the Springfield. Accurate enough to hatch eggs by?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is the one I have that I cannot trust. It gives weird readings all the time, never reads higher than 20% humidity. I do have a little silver Springfield that used to be good on temp, then it began reading 2 degrees low and now, the hygro doesnt seem to work well, either. Getting good and really reliable, accurate instruments is the hardest part of incubating!

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Mine gave me some weird readings too. Finally, I was using it as a brooder thermometer and bumped the heat lamp and melted it. I use a Fluker's hygrometer that I bought from PetCo that works really well.

7. meraucanamomma

meraucanamomma Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    I love mine. I haven't had any problems.. The temperature and the hygrometer are accurate every time I have used mine. Enjoy and good luck !!

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    That's the one I have used for years, I use that one and an Accurite from Walmart in each of the bators. No problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by