NIce lacing in Blue Orp Chicks. Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Apr 21, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    This is a 9 week old that is has very nice round body and the lacing is looking very well. It is hard to get them to pose and in the morning sun some of the coloring is lost.
    [​IMG]
    Darker blue
    [​IMG]
    and this is a little black pullet showing off her big breast.
    [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Hey Julie~ They are looking good. That little black girl is going to be a real tank [​IMG] Thanks for sharing pictures!

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Super-nice blue Orpingtons. Watch that "black one" in the sunlight, she might be a dark blue, not black. I have one blue-laced and two solid black Orpington hens; my two blacks give off a greenish cast in the sunlight; I'm trying to hatch out some dark blue though. I'd like to have two or three more hens, all a solid-dark-blue color.

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks joe. I am want to have a few more of those myself. Hopefully next year I will have made tons of progress in body type and color

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    They all are cute round balls of orpington! great job julie! [​IMG]

6. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    They are beautiful. I have a few that are developing some nice lacing also. Some are very dark, and of course I still don't know how many roos/pullets I'll end up with..I love seeing pictures of other babies.

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Karen I like seeing chicks pics to. I have some saved in my photo gallery so I can compare and see how I am progressing. It helps to see the progression.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Getting blue laced blue Orps are hard to come by! That last pic of the pullet, yes, she is going to be a TANK![​IMG]

9. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely looking birds, Juile. [​IMG]

10. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Very nice?? [​IMG] .
    BTW Your grand chicks (hatched 10-9) are looking outstanding. Nicest young roo I've EVER had..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by