Nice Shed Kits Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MidnightChickenLover, Jul 29, 2010.

1. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    I've been looking around for some. I lack the time to build my own coop, and the money to buy one. Most coops out in the market are small and way too expensive to even consider. Does anyone know where/who has nice shed kits? (pre-fab or pre-cut)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I don't know where you are, but when we were researching buying a pre-cut shed, there was a place in Washington state that advertised on Craig's List. I think the 10 by 12 we were looking at was about $800. Even if you don't live close enough to this area, you might find a similar listing under sheds or shed kit, etc. in your area.

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    If you have a Lowe's in your area, their Kwik sheds are kits and supposedly easy to put together- two people in one day kind of a thing.

4. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    I agree. Most big-box DIY stores have a decent selection of sheds. I personally would stay away from the plastic sheds, even though they are easier to clean, they are much more difficult to modify, plus they lack the aesthetics. Metal are ok. My preference is good old wood.

5. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    We bought an 8 x 10 Quick shed at Lowes. We had to add windows and more venting. We are still working on the nest boxes etc but here is what it looks like so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also painted it. It took us longer to put it together than they said it would but I like how it is working so far. Good luck to you. I hope you find what you are looking for.

6. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    I'll have to look at them, thanks for the suggestions [​IMG]. Yeah, I like wood too [​IMG]

7. joehafner

joehafner Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2010
  8. Kyhen

Kyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Hart Co., Ky
    Great thread. Thanks for the info Joe. That is exactly what I have been looking for. I want to build a seperate little building for my bator and new chicks. Gotta get them out of the house.[​IMG]

9. SSO202

SSO202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Hartwood, VA 22406
    I used the Fast Framer Kit that joehafner suggested. I have very little building experience. My wife and I put it together in just a couple of days. We then took a bit more time to customize it, but it certainly makes a job easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by