Nice Shed Kits Anywhere?

MidnightChickenLover

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2009
I've been looking around for some. I lack the time to build my own coop, and the money to buy one. Most coops out in the market are small and way too expensive to even consider. Does anyone know where/who has nice shed kits? (pre-fab or pre-cut)

Last edited:
I don't know where you are, but when we were researching buying a pre-cut shed, there was a place in Washington state that advertised on Craig's List. I think the 10 by 12 we were looking at was about $800. Even if you don't live close enough to this area, you might find a similar listing under sheds or shed kit, etc. in your area.

If you have a Lowe's in your area, their Kwik sheds are kits and supposedly easy to put together- two people in one day kind of a thing.

I agree. Most big-box DIY stores have a decent selection of sheds. I personally would stay away from the plastic sheds, even though they are easier to clean, they are much more difficult to modify, plus they lack the aesthetics. Metal are ok. My preference is good old wood.

We bought an 8 x 10 Quick shed at Lowes. We had to add windows and more venting. We are still working on the nest boxes etc but here is what it looks like so far:

54045_chicken_house_2010_010.jpg

54045_chicken_house_2010_012.jpg

We also painted it. It took us longer to put it together than they said it would but I like how it is working so far. Good luck to you. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Great thread. Thanks for the info Joe. That is exactly what I have been looking for. I want to build a seperate little building for my bator and new chicks. Gotta get them out of the house.
clap.gif

I used the Fast Framer Kit that joehafner suggested. I have very little building experience. My wife and I put it together in just a couple of days. We then took a bit more time to customize it, but it certainly makes a job easy.

Back
Top Bottom