Niederrheiner Thread! All Colors!

Pics
@Jadenrosesmom Most larger sized birds take longer to mature. I had little Silkies where one started to lay at 8 months old and one at 6 months -- who knows why? But the one that started to lay sooner also died because of a bleeding ovarian tumor by 6-yrs-old while the Silkie that started laying later is still around at 7-yrs. Was there a correlation in that scenario? I don't know, just making note of whether my earlier layers get reproductive problems later in life or not.

Ok neiderrheiner people. How old were your girls when they started to lay? I have 2 that are about 6 months I think. They are not really showing any signs my month and a half younger barred rocks are developing combs and waddles more so than the neiders and my marans that is 3-4 weeks older than them started to lay on Christmas.

Ok neiderrheiner people. How old were your girls when they started to lay? I have 2 that are about 6 months I think. They are not really showing any signs my month and a half younger barred rocks are developing combs and waddles more so than the neiders and my marans that is 3-4 weeks older than them started to lay on Christmas.

My girl is 6 months (24.5 weeks) old and starting to show comb and wattle development. I expect her to start laying in the next few weeks, since the days are now getting longer. Fingers crossed!

I noticed over on the bielefelder thread that people have crossed their bielefelders with other autosexing breeds and get autosexing chicks. Just wondering if anyone here has crossed their niederrheiners with a darker down autosexing breed like bielefelder or legbar and if it's then possible to sex at hatch due to darker down?

I had a mystery egg Saturday and now today I have 2 niederrheiner eggs! The mystery of who laid them is over as I caught one in the process and the eggs are identical. I'm wondering what you guys find to be the average production for these guys. Seems like a long time between eggs, Saturday to Wednesday but maybe they are taking awhile to warm up to it? My other breeds laid nearly every day from the first egg forward.

I had a mystery egg Saturday and now today I have 2 niederrheiner eggs! The mystery of who laid them is over as I caught one in the process and the eggs are identical. I'm wondering what you guys find to be the average production for these guys. Seems like a long time between eggs, Saturday to Wednesday but maybe they are taking awhile to warm up to it? My other breeds laid nearly every day from the first egg forward.
Where are you located and do you suppl artificial light? I don't have a Niederrheiner (YET) but my 10 girls are still on winter break...

I only have 4 pullets and a hen along with my 3 Roos. The eggs were never fertile. I have been collecting about 3 eggs every two days from the pullets. I had a few in the incubator but it got to cold so I doubt they hatch. I just purchased a large cabinet incubator and loaded it about a third full of a few Neids, a few Buff Orpingtons, several Ayam Cemani and a boat load of Swedish Flowering Hens. My Nieds lay the fewest eggs.

Back
Top Bottom