Niederrheiner Thread! All Colors!

Pics
Thanks, Sylvester! They're growing up! : )
Niederrheiner 8 20 2018 (6).JPG

Aww thank you, Sylvester! hhahhaa little camera hogs. Those 6 were all hanging out together. In total, there's 3 cockerels and 8 pullets. My batteries in the camera died right after I got that pic. lol I agree with you that the lemon cuckoo is a really pretty color-pattern.

Last edited:
@Vorksigan - Boy! I HOPE everyone's Neid's are doing OK! I lost one of my Dominique pullets in our 115 degree (122 heat index) -- I had 3 beautiful Dom girls but one just couldn't handle the heat. Everyone else did fine -- even the little 2-lb Silkie -- but I suspect the Dom girl we lost had issues even as a chick now that I have hindsight. Doms are hardy girls but I got one that apparently wasn't as hardy as her sisters.

TX can get pretty hot -- how'd your Nied's do -- or are you in a cooler zone?

Hi y'all! Mine haven't quite reached laying age just yet. They are however doing very well, thanks! : ) They're getting to be pretty big, too. They're so funny - I guess it comes from being such a friendly chicken. I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend.
How are yours, Johnny? Have you hatched any more lately? I hope everyone is doing well and ready for a beautiful weekend... finally!!

Sorry I'm not sure if I shared this already but I hatched a few of niederrheiner roo x basque hen chicks back in late May and thought I'd pass on that it looks like the darker color from my basque hen brings out their autosexing down. Unless it is just coincidence that I was able to sex them...I love my niederrheiners and can't wait to make more but since I have a small flock I can't separate them from other the breeds I got first. Plus I also like playing dr. Frankenstein sometimes Figured I'd pass on the info in case anyone is interested!
20180531_191922.jpg
20180531_191911.jpg

Back
Top Bottom