Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Rob, how is Caly?
She's doing really well.

Except... just a bit overweight at 12 lbs. We've even had her on a diet the last 4-5 months, so we're wondering if she's augmenting her food with some "treats" from nature.

So, she's gaining weight, but acting like she's starving: constantly sitting in front of her automatic feeder... waiting for it to dispense her portions!

... but she sure is pretty:

cali1.jpg
cali2.jpg

She's doing really well.

Except... just a bit overweight at 12 lbs. We've even had her on a diet the last 4-5 months, so we're wondering if she's augmenting her food with some "treats" from nature.

So, she's gaining weight, but acting like she's starving: constantly sitting in front of her automatic feeder... waiting for it to dispense her portions!

View attachment 3353802View attachment 3353803

She is a pretty girl!

She's doing really well.

View attachment 3353802View attachment 3353803
She is so pretty!

Ugh, this cat!!!

HAIR EVERYWHERE! It's so light, it just floats in the air and covers EVERYTHING! I wear a lot of dark clothing, and it totally stands out.

I put a ball of hair on her after one morning of casual brushing:
View attachment 3381427

Sure, she's SUPER beautiful, but this is such a mess!

View attachment 3381429

I feel your pain! I could make kittens out of the loose hair from my 3 :gig

how is Caly?
SUPER
NEEDY

UGH!

;)

Last night was especially bad since we left her alone for a day, and then when we got back yesterday, we quickly got ready and went out to a b-day party and then dancing and didn't get back until late.

... so all night she was meowing at us, licking us, etc. to get attention.

It's VERY disconcerting having a wet piece of kitty-tongue sandpaper and whiskers rubbing against your face, leg, arms, and especially back, while you are asleep!!!

It's a good thing (for her) that she's so beautiful and adorable!

(BTW, it was funny yesterday one of my kids asked "How is Cali" and my GF and I were like: "Who?!?"

"OH.... you mean mowmow?"

LOL!

We've almost completely transitioned to "Kitty Meow Meow" or two syllable "mowmow".

:lau

cat-toy.gif

On a bit more of a serious side...

We're still very frustrated that after the initial month of trying full-time to get her acclimated and friendly to the other cats, she just wouldn't do it. We watched every video, talked to the experts, etc. and she was always such a jerk to the other cats that have been here for 10+ years.

So we had to lock her into a specific area of the backyard, keeping her in, but the other cats out :(

This has become very frustrating and now sad for my GF because the black/white kitty in the pic below was older, homeless, and very skittish.... he'd come by for food every day or so... but we haven't seen him since KMM was brought here and my GF is VERY worried about his health and if he's even alive. :(

It's also a little sad for the other tan kitty (Monkey) in the pic since he can't come around and my GF misses seeing him. The silver-lining: He seems safe and happy at my GF's grandparents that live right next to us.

... but GF is VERY sad about Gyro:

352494-4c7e688e4b4a12cbb9823ed0ae35500b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom