Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Last time we went to the pet store we got KMM food and looked for a replacement cardboard scratcher (she LOVES them and tears them to pieces).

They didn't have the one we got before, so we got the one they had in stock.

We were worried it was too small for her.

Turns out she seems perfectly happy squeezing into it:

View attachment 3468771
View attachment 3468770

She looks very content!

Blah!

2 nights ago at 2 am she brought a mole into the house. Still 100% alive. She let it go. We had to chase it all around the house and catch it.

Last night at midnight she caught a rat, ran inside with the rat squeaking like crazy. We finally got her to let it go, but she'd already killed it (and her fur was covered with blood) :sick

This morning she woke us up with a bird in her mouth. Luckily we were able to let it go and it flew away.

It's been months since she's brought us something. Now she's crazy about it. We did go away for the weekend, so maybe she's trying to win our love?

I have my dogs trained, that if the (now deceased) cat brought in anything alive and lost control of it, they were to snatch it up and take it outside IMMEDIATELY, where they could dispose of it in any way they saw fit. Our command for this was, "Get the rat!" It didn't matter if it was a rat, mouse, mole or vole, that was the command. But not birds. I got the birds and released them. Maybe you need a dog. 😉

My GF refers to our cat as a "Queen" because of her royal personality. Tonight while she was sitting on my lap it was clear she fits the label.

PXL_20231113_024330825.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20231113_024345720.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom