Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Cats are afraid of the dumbest things. I can understand the vacuum and the coffee grinder, but we have a couple inside cats and they are afraid of the dumbest things. We had a cat and he was afraid of a black wrist sweat band, he would claw our eyes out to get away from it. We would put it on things we didn't want him to mess with. Sometimes if I needed to laugh, I'd toss it at him to see him jump 3 foot straight into the air. :lau :oops:

Caly continues to be much more skittish than the first few weeks. I'm thinking something must have happened to make her so crazy cautious.

The last two weeks she'd barely even come into the house, and when she did, she'd grab a treat and run out with it.

The last few days I've put in extra time / effort luring her into the house with treats. I sit on the ground and put the treats closer and closer to me. It's taken time, but she's slowly coming back to being slightly ok with hanging out in the house.

Today I spend even more time with her. She came into my office, hung out, then went into the bedroom where she plopped herself onto my GF's robe!!!

:yesss:

kitty-robe.jpg

She may have been afraid of her new surroundings those first few weeks. Now that she's comfortable with her new home she may be reverting back to her feral ways. Hopefully with time she will become more comfortable with her new humans. That would be my guess on the change.

Back
Top Bottom