Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Look at this "feral" kitty!

kitty-roll.gif

She's on her way to becoming an inside cat (if we're not careful!), LOL!

We couldn't even get her to leave the house last night. Kitty was passed-OUT on her new favorite chair. We were talking about leaving her in, but I don't trust her not to potty in the house all night, or let us know she needs to go out.

We woke her up and tied to get her to go outside. She would just take a few steps dodging us, and then would kept laying down, but wouldn't go out any of the open doors.

So, we took a towel and gently nudged her outside. She wasn't terribly happy about it, but I think she'll forgive us... at the end of the day, we have the treats and the pettings:

1606768337968.png

Why can't she just be an inside cat? Do you have a big rat problem?
Well, no reason really... other than the agreement in me getting a cat was that it was going to be feral and outside... and would only need food, water, shelter.

Better yet inside/outside cat. They have cat doors that use rfid chips to open. Keeps unwanted critters out, and Mrs Spoiled Rotten there having free rein of the place.
Ya, she's basically spending all day inside and outside at night. We might get one of those RFID chip / doors for "Mrs Spoiled Rotten", LOL!

Well, no reason really... other than the agreement in me getting a cat was that it was going to be feral and outside... and would only need food, water, shelter.

Ya, she's basically spending all day inside and outside at night. We might get one of those RFID chip / doors for "Mrs Spoiled Rotten", LOL!
My parents have one for their cats. Works very well. Only downside...... cats like to bring loved ones gifts. Typically they are dead, with bits chewed off. But, they also bring live critters inside as gifts too. Cat door doesn’t discriminate live or dead.... whatever is in her mouth can come in too.

‘Mrs Spoiled Rotten’ is a good thing. It’s amazing how love and caring changes even the most skittish animal. She is a pretty one.

My little cat (16 lbs) uses our dog door. So far, every morning for the last three weeks he’s brought something in first thing. Just over half have been dead.

Back
Top Bottom