Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Pics
  • Good news: Kitty is safe
  • Bad news: two coyotes came into our yard this morning and tried to attack the chickens. Luckily my daughter was able to immediately scare them away
  • Good news: All the things going on convinced my girlfriends grandparents to be okay with us moving the kitty down to her place where it is much safer and conducive to a cat
  • Bad news: now I have to figure out how to totally protect the chickens from coyotes, something I've never had to worry about in all the years I've lived here! I'm going to have to buy or build a fully enclosed run :-(

• Good news: Kitty is safe
  • Bad news: two coyotes came into our yard this morning and tried to attack the chickens. Luckily my daughter was able to immediately scare them away
  • Good news: All the things going on convinced my girlfriends grandparents to be okay with us moving the kitty down to her place where it is much safer and conducive to a cat
  • Bad news: now I have to figure out how to totally protect the chickens from coyotes, something I've never had to worry about in all the years I've lived here! I'm going to have to buy or build a fully enclosed run :-(

YEA!
OH NO!
YEA!
At least you have all of BYC and the collective knowledge to tap onto if needed in securing the run.

Hmm... an electric fence might be the way to go, thanks!

Oh, and Kitty Meow Meow is in her carrier and off to her new home!!!
😄😱😭🥰💔🙁😵,...
And have I mentioned I'm bipolar?!? Your good news/ bad news post threw me into an emotional tizzy! Does this mean Miss Kitty won't be living with you any more? :barnie:eek: Oh my! But she'll be safe... That's good! But your chickens may not be! :he That's the pits! Sorry, did not mean to hit bold key. I am feeling rather :th. But I do wish you well. All of you. You, the GF (I almost said the Missus), Miss Kitty, the chickens ... Not the coyotes though. Sorry, definitely not them. 💔

I'm following! How far is she moving?
She's moving to my GF's house about an hour away.
Does this mean Miss Kitty won't be living with you any
Well, we were discussing moving her, even before she went missing AND before the coyotes were around... and that's because I'm pretty much living at my GF's place 90% of the time... and it made sense to have our "ferral" Kitty Meow Meow with us since she's pretty much attached to being around people and being inside most of the day.
How's she doing?
So far she's doing really well. She did a lot of exploring around the house and my GF quickly commented: "Girl is ashtray acting like she own the place"

... sounds about right (which is why my GF calls her "Queen Kitty Meow Meow". :D

She's even jumped up on the bed and making herself quite at home.

The plan is to keep her inside for 3 weeks so she can become acclimated to her new home... then slowly and carefully give her more and more outside time.

A BIG question is how she'll get along with the other cat that my GF (and her Grandparents) have had for like 8 years. Fortunately they have a lot of experience and love for cats and are doing all the right research and things to SLOWLY introduce them to each other.

I'm hoping (expecting) that the other kitty will keep to his behavior of mostly being at the granparent's house (same property) while Kitty Meow Meow is at / around my GF's house.

...but ya, we'll be taking things slow and careful!

Back
Top Bottom