Nifty's Guessing Game šŸ† Winner announced

Who is going to win?

• Total voters
You use the bands for tennis elbow? Theyā€™re awesome. (Coupled with 2 Tylenol and 4 ibuprofen)
Ya, I got the band for my left arm. It helps.

I'm also trying to wear wrist support / stiffeners since I learned that the "elbow" stuff isn't really from the elbow, but due to using the wrist too much / wrong.

I had SUPER bad tennis elbow in my right arm 3 years ago (from using a hammer to break up concrete... totally killed my arm 2 days later), and it lasted for over a year!!! It was so bad I couldn't even play badminton with my daughters. Insane!

Ya, I got the band for my left arm. It helps.

I'm also trying to wear wrist support / stiffeners since I learned that the "elbow" stuff isn't really from the elbow, but due to using the wrist too much / wrong.

I had SUPER bad tennis elbow in my right arm 3 years ago (from using a hammer to break up concrete... totally killed my arm 2 days later), and it lasted for over a year!!! It was so bad I couldn't even play badminton with my daughters. Insane!
I can sympathize. Ulnar neuropathy :(

Surprisingly, I don't think I have any issues (yet) from like 15 hours a day on the computer.

... definitely due to the rental and cleanup of big / heavy stuff around the house. Lifting too much, etc.

Also, just not being super careful... like when I used a sawszall with one hand and the weight + vibrations killed my wrist. :(
FWIW I'd like to share some "learned the hard way" wisdom. When I started building the coop last spring I was ~8-9 months after knee surgery. I joked with my Better-half about how this project was going to be my "gym" for the next few months. Similar to how I realized that the unicyling was helping with my scoliosis after I got outta the Navy. Using any activity as a conscious form of exercise. Whether it's stacking cord wood, loading recycling in the truck, shaving one of our 70-110lb dogs....

When covid-19-mare kicked in hardcore it totally stalled my actively using all that stuff as my "exercise" for several months.

I am soooo, feeling the loss of momentum at this point. I'm about 1 1/2 months of easing back into this mental POV of using "everything I do as my *gym". Working on multiple houses, vehicles, & maintaining all the lifeforms and trying to hold fast to my sanity..... Yeah. I dropped the ball for likely 2+ months looking back on it.

I hope that stayed focused enough.... I re-read it now and *to my mind's eyes* it looks cohierant.

Back
Top Bottom